26 replies to this topic

#21 Donna Palinkas Donato

Donna Palinkas Donato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWaxhaw, NC

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

Alright ~ I"m sure we'll spot green hair.  lol!  :)

#22 Donna Palinkas Donato

Donna Palinkas Donato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWaxhaw, NC

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

At the Dolphin, I assume there is a coffee pot in the room.  Do you have to bring your own coffee?  And are we guaranteed a frig. in the room?

#23 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,640 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

Hi Donna - they provide a coffeemaker and coffee, and a refrigerator, but no microwave.

Warmly,

Dianna

#24 tckeller

tckeller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:10 AM

I just found this forum. I am staying at the Dolphin from 9/5-9/11. I am traveling with another mom/son so collectively we have 3 boys age 11,13,14 and 1 girl age 2. Hope to meet up with some others when we get there. Looking forward to the trip and hoping the rain isn't as bad as it looks on the weather websites.

Tracy 

• Dianna likes this

#25 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:53 AM

Are most people arriving around Sept 6th on and staying for a week?

Is there anyone staying through September 18th?

#26 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

Tracy - We'll be at the Dolphin from the 6th-12th.  (We're off-site after that).  My eldest is an 11 year old boy.  We're hoping to get there in time to use the pool on the 6th.  (I also have an 8 year old girl and 5 year old boy).  After the 6th, the eldest will likely end up at the Dolphin pool some evenings while I put the younger two to bed.

As for the rain, it's Florida and Sept is still summer there.  (As it still is here in SC too!  I've been watching FL temps and they've been very close to our temps except when one of us gets rain).  The chance of a day being a complete wash-out is very slim.  The chance of a quick pop-up thunderstorm is very great however.  Just make sure you have a rain cover for the little one's stroller, as stroller parking is often not in a covered area.  The chance of rain will be much greater in the late afternoon than morning, so it's also a good plan to hit the parks as early as possible.  (This also can help with the heat/crowds).

• Dianna likes this

#27 Georgiagirl

Georgiagirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:59 AM

We arrive early in the morning on Sept 4th and we are leaving on the 15th.