• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Dorothy Fredo Booth

Dorothy Fredo Booth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

I am new here. I was sent here by a friend. I was wondering if someone could explain the classes to me. If we attend this year, I will be bringing my 4 kids aged (at time of trip) 13, 8, 7, and 3. I am wondering things like how long they are in class, how many days of class, ect. I really like the sound of the educational tours at the other parks too (Sea World and Universal).

Sea World and Universal: are those dates planned as part of the dates 11/16 to 11/23 or are those dates strictly Disney dates? We would have to plan this around lots of schedules so total time in Fl is important to our ability to attend. I know your Disney class dates aren't confirmed yet but any info is helpful. My birthday is 11/15 so this would be a fun birthday present. :)

I have read all the topics and posts and gather that we have to plan our own hotel accomodations (on vs. off); transportaion to the parks (if staying off site); food for the stay; transportation too Sea World and Universal (am I missing anything?). I have been looking at trying to go to Disney for about 3 years now. I have never looked at prices other than their all inclusive packages. So advice on where to start looking for my family of 6 would be great. Would like to try to stay on site as we would be flying there and not wanting to get a rental if possible. That and to ensure this once in a lifetime opportunity is as full of Magic as possible.

#22 Becky Pierce Petree

Becky Pierce Petree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Dianna,  

We are excited.  We want to go down early and stay through to the 23.  We will be camping on Disney.  Just want to let everyone know it is a wonderful thing to do.  Have you posted any prices yet?  Just wondering I have not seen any yet, but may have overlooked them.  

Thanks!!!!

#23 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

I am new here. I was sent here by a friend. I was wondering if someone could explain the classes to me. If we attend this year, I will be bringing my 4 kids aged (at time of trip) 13, 8, 7, and 3. I am wondering things like how long they are in class, how many days of class, ect. I really like the sound of the educational tours at the other parks too (Sea World and Universal).

Hi Dorothy, welcome to our communtiy! :)

At Disney, the classes can be from 2 to 3 hours long, on one day. (Most are 3 hours.) At Universal, the tours are about 3 hours, but one for high schoolers is longer. At SeaWorld, it's an educational presentation that lasts betwee 30 to 45 minutes or so.

The SeaWorld day will be within those days, and if you do an educational tour at Universal, that tour day will be within those dates, too. You can use the second day of the Universal ticket outside of those dates, but both days must be used within 7 days of each other.

I think you understand the rest pretty well (hotel, transportation, food etc). For advice about each of those topics, please see the threads already started for those topics, or start a new topic if one isn't already started.

Warmly,

Dianna

#24 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Becky, prices and other information will be posted as soon as Disney confirms. I'll nag them again this week.

Warmly,

Dianna

#25 Becky Pierce Petree

Becky Pierce Petree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Thanks!!!!!  :)

#26 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Dorothy, Jennifer answered your questions. It's in the Disney Resort Recommendations thread. :)

• Jennifer Berry likes this

#27 Jennifer Berry

Jennifer Berry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

Whoops, thanks, Diana!

#28 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Jennifer, it's no problem to answer it here. I just thought it would be helpful to move it to the Disney Resort thread so families looking for resort recommendations could also read your message.

Warmly,

Dianna

• Jennifer Berry likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: disney world, trip