7 replies to this topic

#1 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:56 AM

I tried to book my FP for the Halloween party. I had read that you could as long as it was 4-7pm. But my MDE account is saying I have reached my max FP+. I was wondering if anyone else ran into this issue, wondering if it had anything to do with using Y.E.S. tickets instead of regular ones for the remainder of the time.

#2 Tuffy4God

Tuffy4God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

Here are my thoughts, but I'm 100% sure since I haven't personally experienced...it's just info I've read about...

I think you can only have 7 days of FP+ reservations since your regular tickets are only for 7 days. So, if your MNSSHP ticket is the same day as you are using one of your regular 7 days tickets, then you should be able to do the FP+ (but only for one park...if you're hopping that day). If your MNSSHP tix is for an 8th and separate park day, then you probably won't be able to book FP+ for it.

HTH!

#3 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

Do you already have 3 fastpasses booked for that day?

#4 minecraft3141

minecraft3141

Addicted to using smiley faces

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

I've seen other people able to use their MNSSHP ticket to get FP+ as long as they don't already have FP for that day.  (Meaning they can get 3 total that way, not 6).  That's how I am using it - not doing another park that day.  However, none of those people have Y.E.S. tickets, so I'm wondering if that's the issue.  I know AP's have a limit on how many days of FP+ one can get, even if they add on extra tickets.  So I was wondering if Y.E.S. tickets also put that constraint on my account.  (We did do 7 days of parks first without any problems then tried to add in the Halloween party).

Being able to pick FP+ ahead of time for a party seems like one of the FP+ system's glitches, as technically the party doesn't start until 7pm and there is no FP+ during party time.  So I'm not sure if their customer service department will be able to help me.  (Also, the two times I contacted them about other issues, they gave me the wrong info.  People with Disney experience seem to have better answers to my questions most times).

#5 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

Ooops, that was me logged in as my son.  ^^^^

#6 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

Okay, if I'm understanding this right, you don't have any fastpasses reserved for that date, and you're trying to reserve a fastpass during the party, at times when they don't usually schedule fast pass times. In that case, I think you'll have to talk to Disney's MDE tech people, not the regular reservations folks. Call them and tell them it's a MDE issue and see if they'll transfer you to their tech department. Maybe they can manually add in a time on their end.

#7 kohlby

kohlby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

I sent Disney a message - I wasn't sure how to contact the MDE tech people as that wasn't specifically on the list.  They said I could reserve FP+ while at the party once I enter (from 4-7)  but not in advance.  I know people who have reserved FP+ before the party though, so I was wondering if it had to do with having 7 days of Y.E.S. tickets before.  I went through the basic contact list, selecting what I thought to be the best option, so if you know how to contact MDE tech, let me know. 

#8 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:22 AM

To speak to the MDE tech folks, I just called the regular Disney number, and when they determined it was a MDE issue, they transferred me there. (I couldn't see the calendar to change the dates for my fastpasses due to an outdated browser). So when you call, if they determine it's a MDE issue, you should be able to transfer to MDE.

• kohlby likes this