• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jamie579

jamie579

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Im new to homeschooling. Im trying to find all the info I can. I'd like to talk with people in S.c that are already activite and see what books to use for all 3 of my kids in different grades, the cost to do this, how its working for people

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,545 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Hi Jamie,

Welcome to our community and to homeschooling! Have you had a chance to read through my FAQs yet? They're at http://www.carolinah...r.com/afaq.html

They'll answer a lot of questions that new homeschoolers often have. If you want even more information, I've written a guide for new homeschoolers that goes into more depth, with many homeschoolers describing their methods, typical days, favorite resources, and more. It has a lot of input from 400 or so of my members who were generous in answering a survey about their lives as homeschoolers, so it covers a variety of perspectives. If you go to my website (http://www.carolinahomeschooler.com), you'll see a picture of the cover and links to the different formats available.

Also, please feel free to ask specific questions here after you've read through my FAQs.

Warmly,

Dianna

#3 TL SC

TL SC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

Hi there, I am also new to this forum. I am considering homeschool my three children, K5,1ST AND 2ND graders. Would you recommend finishing the school year or is it something i can start as soon as my paperwork is done with the association. I would to hear your opinions. If it doesnt make a difference then maybe I will start asap.

Also i tried looking for the Associations Lists but can not seem to find one on the website. Where does I find them, can u attach a link to it? Thanks so much for your help! Im really looking forward to this, I have been debating, been off and on, whether or not I will do it now I met a girl who homeschools her sons, and I got the inspiration to do it as well, I need to do this for my kids :) Thanks!!

#4 TL SC

TL SC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Oh sorry about so many grammer mistakes, lol. I just re-read my posting!! You can fill in the blanks ;)

#5 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,545 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

TL, don't worry about typos... I waste so much time going back and correcting mine that I'm trying to break myself of that habit! ;)

You can begin homeschooling now. I'd recommend waiting until you receive your membership confirmation from your association, though. I'm updating my mission statement and association membership list, so that's why you don't see it. If you wouldn't mind emailing me at director@carolinahomeschooler.com and tell me what area you live in and any details about how you would like to homeschool, I'd be happy to help you choose an association.

Warmly,

Dianna

#6 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,545 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

And welcome to our community! :)

#7 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,545 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Cristin, I split your post into its own thread. It's a common question and I think it'll get more attention as its own topic.

Warmly,

Dianna

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new