• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tracy Dunbar

Tracy Dunbar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

We have recently moved to Fort Lawn.  I have a son, Zachary, 13 years old, and am looking for boys in his age group to get together for socialization. 

#2 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

Hi Tracy,

I hope to schedule a Lancaster-area meet-up soon. Maybe this Friday? A lot of Lancaster area families are looking for support. We used to have a very active support group in this area. Maybe we can get it going again. :)

I'll post more info soon!

Dianna

#3 Birdy34

Birdy34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:02 PM

Hello Tracy!

I wish I lived closer to you.  My son is about to be 12 and he is looking to socialize more, as well.  I am originally from Great Falls which is right up the road from Ft. Lawn.  I'm sure you will find some people around the Lancaster area who have boys around your son's age.  Not sure if you are into this type of thing or not, but Great Falls has several churches and many of them have kids around your son's age who hold youth groups and activities and such.  I moved away 7 years ago, but last I heard First Baptist had lots of activities going on there that he might be interested in.  It may be different now, of course.  At any rate, good luck to you and your son.  I'm sure you will find something for him in no time :)  I'm currently looking into getting my son involved in the local children's theater.  As dramatic as he is at times, I think he would fit right in ;)