livejoyful

Semi Annual progress reports

livejoyful

Hi there! :)

My 5 year old daughter and I have been following a loose "curriculum" for her first year in Kindergarten for the past 2 1/2 months and have been loving it!  There have been some bumps along the way as we have ironed out the way we work best in a "homeschool envrironment" since this is our first year, but overall it's been a joy! 

I was just curious about semi annual progress reports.  I calculated the amount of days from our start day and according to Carolina Homeschooler's FAQ section about Record Keeping at the end of 90 days there is a required progress report or report card.  We will be using a summary for our report as we homeschool in mostly Waldorf style with a little unschooling thrown in.  I so far have been documenting each day's activities in a handwritten journal and am curious as to how I would compile it all together to reflect our studies in each subject.  And I was also curious as how to send this report in when it is completed.  By email or by mail?  My 90 day Semi Annual report is due, from my calculations on November 29th, 2014. 

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!

Jessica

Dianna

Hi Jessica,

Just summarize each subject area in one paragraph. Since you already have a daily journal, the summary is just that - a very brief overview of what you did in each subject area (reading, writing, math, science, and social studies).

If you use Carolina Homeschooler as your association, you don't have to send anything in. Since the third option law mandates that parents maintain student records, I honor that as much as possible (if there's a request for an official audit, then I'd request your records for review, but that's very rare).

Other associations may require more, though.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm so glad your first year is going so well!

Warmly,

Dianna

livejoyful

Hi Dianna!

Thank you so much for your prompt reply! 

I do use Carolina Homeschooler as my thrid option association!  That sounds great!   I will create my progress report in paragraph form based on subject like you suggested and keep on file in case there is ever a need! 

Thanks again Dianna!  You have been such a wonderful help in this fledgling homeschoolers life :)

Sincerely,

Jessica

Edited by livejoyful
  • Like 1

Dianna

Hi Jessica,

You're very welcome! And thank you for your kind words. I have some forms and samples in the member's area, if you want to take a look there. I'm not sure if I have a example of a summary, but I'll check and add that as soon as possible.

Warmly,

Dianna