danielle

Is anybody in or near Rock Hill?

danielle

We just started homeschooling our 6yr old daughter who is in kindergarten and was wandering if there are any other families in the area with kids around her age? We also have 3 more girls that are 4, almost 2, and the youngest due in May.

• Like 1

Melanies

We are in Fort Mill. My daughter is five, also in kindergarten. I also have a seven year old son in the first grade. We would love make some friends.

• Like 1

danielle

Send me a message and maybe we can make plans to get together sometime. It would be nice to be around another family that homeschools instead of just people that act like we're crazy!

poppyksimpson

HI! We are in Lancaster and Jake is 8 and in the 3rd grade. We visit Rock Hill frequently for shopping/eating out because Lancaster doesn't have anything new. lol! I just started homeschooling Jake after Christmas break and so far, everyone looks at us weird. :(

Dianna

I've been meaning to plan a Lancaster/Rock Hill get-together since our Outsider events were paused (due to the cold weather and trip schedule). We'll start them back up soon. In the meantime, though, I can plan something for all of us. I was thinking next Friday would work, but we have an appointment that day. What day of the week would work best for you?

OR, I'll check the weather forecast and maybe we can plan an Outsider event at one of the state parks. We have a great time at those. They're scheduled on Saturdays or Sundays.

Warmly,
Dianna

danielle

We started after Christmas break too and haven't gotten the best response from people either. We have a ton of field trips and stuff planned and it would be fun to have more people go with us if you're interested. Do you ever go to the York county museum? We just got a membership and we're actually here now. They have homeschool classes once a month. Send me a message on here or look me up on Facebook(Danielle Scarpa) and we can plan something!

Dianna, every time i see a comment of yours it reminds me of how happy i am that we choose Carolina homeschooler! I can always tell that you really care :) I'd love to have some kind of get together around here! Have you been to Landsford canal yet? It's a pretty simple state park but gorgeous, especially when the lilies are blooming and the river is great for kayaking.

• Like 1

Dianna

Danielle, you just made my day. Thank you for your kind words. :)

We did an Outsider Event at Landsford and loved it. It rained (sprinkled more than anything else) while we were there, but since I rented the shelter for us, we were cozy and just really had a nice time.

I'm looking forward to starting the Outsider events again, but I'm just a wimp when it comes to cold weather, so it may be a while longer.

Warmly,

Dianna

poppyksimpson

Danielle,

Thank you for letting us know about the York Museum class. I will definitely look into it! Hopefully weather permitting, we can have an Outsider event soon. I know this weekend they are calling for possible winter mix.

TaraR

We just moved to Rock Hill last year.  We will be beginning homeschooling our 5 year old daughter this year.  We would love to get connected with everyone and hopefully get some play time?

Dianna

Tara, and everyone, I know I keep saying this, but I really will schedule a local event for us (Lancaster, Rock Hill, Indian Land, Fort Mill) next month sometime. I've been swamped with trips this semester, but after the first week in June, I don't have much scheduled, so I hope you'll be able to join me for some local events.

Warmly,
Dianna

KimberlyLingerfeldt

We moved to Chester SC last year.  I homeschool my daughter (13) and stepson (12).  We were very active with our homeschool group in Kings Mountain, but haven't gotten into the swing of things around here yet. Hoping to meet others who have children close to my children's ages.

Dianna

Hi Kimberly,

In my next newsletter, I'll work on connecting members in different areas of the state. Hopefully others in Chester will be able to meet with you soon!

Warmly,
Dianna

TaraR

Kimberly, we have a great co-op in the Rock Hill/York area if you are willing to drive a bit.  We have a pretty good size group of kids that age.  If you are interested you can contact me with questions or check out their website: https://learnbravely.com/.  

jennifercook25

We are brand new!  I have two very active, very sweet boys (oldest is nine, youngest is eight) who would love to meet new friends!  Let me know if you are in/around Rock Hill. Thanks!

• Like 1

TaraR

Hi Jennifer!

i have a daughter who is almost 8 and we have a great group of kids around that age in Rock Hill.  We go bowling every Friday with the kidsbowlfree.com program at Strikers.  There are several of us in a local co-op as well.  Would love have you join for stuff this summer!

Edited by TaraR
  • Like 1

dcannon

We are in Rock Hill too! About to start our first year of homeschooling! I have a daughter is who just about to turn 8 years old, going into 3rd, and a four year old son, who will be working on some pre-k stuff.  Nice to hear others on these boards from the same area!

• Like 1

TaraR

Welcome to homeschooling in the area dcannon!  It looks like our daughters are about the same age!

• Like 2