palmettomom2609

Homeschool Conventions

palmettomom2609

So I saw online that there was a homeschool convention where I live in Charleston in May which sounds great and then after some more research I saw that there appeared to be a larger one in Greenville in March. Has anyone been to these? Any stories to share?

Thanks!

Kim Andryscyzk

I've heard good things about both of them. I've never been to either of them, just timing in my schedule. But, I would love to go to both of them. I always learn something new, and meet really great people at conventions.

• Like 1

kohlby

I have been to the one in Greenville and it was worth it - however, I did a LOT of prep ahead of time.  With any convention, look up the vendors and the speakers and decide which ones would be worth it to you.  I looked up every single one on the list.  A useless conference for one person could be a very helpful conference for another person.  Since I'm a secular homeschooler, that drastically reduces the speakers/resources that we would use.  Also, I don't have a school-at-home style so that further decreases our options.