skdrennan

Great Event for Nashville Homeschoolers..please share!

skdrennan

Hi guys,

I am a homeschool mom in SC but I will be volunteering for an event in Nashville Tenn. from Feb. 12th -Feb. 15th.  I wanted to share info about this event because I think it would be an AWESOME opportunity for any homeschool families in the Nashville area....Best of all...it's FREE!  If you know of any families in the Nashville area, please share the info with them. 

The National Wild Turkey Federation will be holding its annual national convention at the Gaylord Opryland Event Center.  As part of the event, I will help to host the Family Adventure Village.  The Family Adventure Village is your passport to FUN and ADVENTURE this year! The NWTF created the Family Adventure Village to bring conservation fun to the young and young-at-heart. Packed with hands-on activities for all ages. Free admission to the Family Adventure Village
Free parking at the Opry Mills Mall
Hands-on, educational activities for the young and young-at-heart
Meet Davy Crockett, Tennessee's First Outdoor Celebrity
Witness interesting and exotic animals from the Nashville Zoo
Win a Daisy Youth Archery Bow
Meet Smokey Bear and Woodsy Owl with the USDA Forest Service
Listen to the Calls of the Wild with Game Calling Champion Ralph Duren
See the Tennessee State Parks Birds of Prey Show
Cheer on the shooters at the NASP 3-D High School Archery Event
Hunt the Woolly Mammoth and other ancient wildlife with an atlatl
Practice your tomahawk throwing skills
Learn the art of flintknapping
Bring a canned or non-perishable food item for the Share the Love food drive with Second Harvest Food Bank for a bonus stamp on your FAV Passport
Bring your bow and try your archery skills at the Regions Archery/Bow Life National 3-D Hunting Simulation Challenge on Saturday and Sunday
Earn a special edition FAV patch for your collection

Join us on Saturday for a special Barter Bar session.  Let’s reduce, reuse, & recycle together!  Bring in your old curriculum, books, or homeschool kits to see what you can trade them for!

ALSO..any homeschool parents who preregister will receive a free NWTF education box or a turkey replica anatomy kit. 

For more information, check out the attachments, feel free to reply or contact me, visit http://www.nwtf.org/special_events/youth_activities.html

or contact P.J. Perea at pperea@nwtf.net

2890313 Ed Box Flyer - Copy.pdf

Barter Bar.pdf

post-54-0-04132500-1423237967_thumb.jpg