Michelle Townes Lofton

Questions about Disney Classes

bless9ings    8
bless9ings

If a child chooses DISCOVERING THE AMERICAN SPIRIT, do they ride Thunder Mountain Railroad?

Dianna    499
Dianna

If a child chooses DISCOVERING THE AMERICAN SPIRIT, do they ride Thunder Mountain Railroad?

Yes, and Splash Mountain, too, usually (they can, and sometimes do, have to substitute rides if something is going on that day or the attraction is down for some reason). However, if students don't want to ride either, they can opt out and for the others to finish. (It's before park opening, so it doesn't take long to do the rides.)

• Like 1

MelissaWilhoite    0
MelissaWilhoite

I'm trying to figure out if we can do this trip!  I'm a single mom with a 5th grader and a high schooler.  Being the only parent, I'm trying to figure out how we'd do the classes since they are neither in the same age group, nor can/should either be left unattended while the other is particicpating in a class.  Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions?  We are in Indiana, so don't know the folks from the group.

Thanks,

Melissa

Dianna    499
Dianna

Hi Melissa, I'd recommend planning to attend to with your 5th grader, and letting your high school student attend without you (I'll assign a chaperone). I'd recommend planning their classes on the same day and in the same park to avoid transportation issues.

Warmly,

Dianna

• Like 1

Debbie Stern    0
Debbie Stern

Dianna,

I was wondering which Saturday the group will be meeting for the Kingdom Keepers Quest. Will they be meeting on 9/6 or 9/13?

Is this something that I can add on if I didn't include it with my registration?

Thanks

Debbie

Dianna    499
Dianna

Debbie,

Both of the Quests will be on Saturday morning, September 6. You would need to add it today if you decide you want to do it. (Email me to let me know, and make sure whether you want to do the Magic Kingdom one (based on the first book in the series), or the new Animal Kingdom Quest (based on the second book in the series).

Warmly,
Dianna

kohlby    33
kohlby

Have the classes that have enough students been again yet?  I'm wondering specifically about the one in Hollywood Studios Tuesday morning on gravity.

Also, about the Synergy class, I hadn't thought about rides.  What rides do they go on?  My youngest has some sensory quirks so there are some rides that he may not be able to handle.  If that's the case, is it okay to skip the ride part?  My third grader is also doing that class, so I would need to send her on the ride without me - she's 8, so she makes Disney's minimum age to ride without an adult so I'm thinking that shouldn't be a huge issue since I can wait with her and then meet her at the end.

*Edited: I just found the info about what rides are in each class.  I hadn't seen that before.  My youngest should be fine.  But now I'm wondering about my eldest!  I'll send you a message.

Edited by kohlby

Dianna    499
Dianna

Also wanted to let you know that I'll email an update regarding confirmed classes soon. Yesterday was my deadline, so I'll have final-ish numbers in the next day or two. One program definitely didn't have enough (Global Citizenship), so I'm shifting students out of there into other classes, so the numbers are fluctuation. Synergy is fine, and Chemistry should be fine, too.

Dianna

• Like 1

Debbie Stern    0
Debbie Stern

Thanks Dianna, but we actually won't be arriving until the 6th so we will not be around. Maybe next year :-)

Debbie