barkerbritt

Relocating to SC

barkerbritt

Hi! My family is considering moving to Bluffton, SC, from Phoenix, AZ. I am worried about the bugs, as we don't have any to speak of here in AZ!

How many months of the year do you have to worry about mosquitos, no-see-ums, and the like?

Is the heat sweltering with the humidity? And for how many months?

These are some of my concerns, so thought I'd see what is realistic and what I am just imagining in my head!

Thanks so much to anyone who can give me ideas of what to expect in the Bluffton area!

Britt

Tracy Dunbar

Not sure if anyone has responded to your post, but here is my opinion.

I have lived in the Carolinas for about 20 years now, moved from Ohio.  I do love it here, mainly because of the mild winters.

No see-ums, from my understanding and experience, live in the sand (not sure where Bluffton is).  They can be pretty bad but from what I was told only during certain times of the year.

Mosquitos like the warm/hot weather, but if you keep sprayed they are controllable. 

The humidity is pretty bad but you do get somewhat used to it after a few years.

Hope this helps and does not sound negative, I was just trying to answer your questions honestly. 

I love the Carolinas and glad that I moved here 20 years ago.

barkerbritt

You definitely don't sound negative, I appreciate your candor. It took us three years to adjust to Arizona's heat :) But your body does adapt. Thank you so much for your reply, I appreciate it so much!

Britt