39 replies to this topic

#1 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,585 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

What ages are Disney's educational programs for?

They're for students in kindergarten (age 5) through 12th grade. Students in this age range must attend a program for us to get our deeply discounted tickets.

Who does Disney consider students for ticket purposes?

We can't have more non-student tickets than student tickets. (For example, we can't have 50 non-students in our group, and only 30 students - the ratio has to be even.) In previous years, Disney counted children enrolled in their educational programs as students, and everyone else as non-students (children under 5, for example, were considered non-students because there was no class available for them). However, now we can count children ages 3 and 4, and college-age students (up to 22), as a student for ticket purposes. There won't be educational programs for the younger students and college students, but we can still count them as students.

We have two parents and one student in our party. Will we be able to get three tickets?

You'll get two tickets automatically (one student ticket, one matching non-student ticket). You'll have to go on the waiting list for the extra non-student ticket you need. The earlier you register, the better your chances are of getting the extra non-student tickets you need. Last year we actually had extra guest tickets left over, but other years we were close!

How likely is it that I'll be able to get the non-student tickets I need?

We're usually able to get what we need, but there are no guarantees. The earlier you register, the better your chances are of getting the extra tickets you need.

Will I be able to chaperone (insert name of Disney program here)? Do you still have chaperone spots available for (insert name of Disney program here)?

In previous years we were allowed 1 chaperone for every 5 students in most of the Disney programs. This year they're allowing our group a little more leeway. One parent must attend with their children. We have to keep the parent/student ratio even in the programs, but if we have space available, both parents will be able to attend. Spots will be filled on a first-registered, first-served basis. If you can't (or don't want to) attend with your student, you'll need to find someone to take your place. I'll email the email addresses of parents who've volunteered to chaperone as we get closer to our dates. If you are attending with your student and wouldn't mind chaperoning other students, please note this on your registration form.

Can younger/older siblings attend the educational program but not participate?

No, only parents and students registered for the program can attend the programs. Younger and older siblings will not be able to attend.

If I have a 1-year-old with me, can I carry him in a sling so I can attend a program with my school-age child?

No, siblings can't attend unless they're registered for the program.

Does the $270 ticket price include the hopper option?

Yes.

Does the price for Disney World, SeaWorld, and Universal tickets already include tax?

Yes, tax is already included in the price of all tickets.

What payment methods to you accept?

I accept checks, bank checks, and BillPay (through your bank - check with them to see if they offer this). I don't accept PayPal or credit cards, but convenience checks issued by your credit card company are fine. (My bank no longer accepts money orders for online deposits, so I prefer checks or BillPay instead.) 

If you're a Bank of America or Wells Fargo customer, you can transfer funds to director@carolinahomeschooler.com. There are no fees for this and it has been a great, easy way for families to pay for tickets. You're limited to transferring $1,000 every 24 hours, so you may have to do multiple transfers, but it's not a problem for me to wait. I'll confirm as soon as all transfers are finalized.

When is payment due?

Within 7 days of the date of my confirmation email.

For the fun passes, is it seven fun passes per person, or per family?

You have 7 passes per ticket (per person).

Is it seven *days* of fun passes?

No, it's seven passes. If you visit DisneyQuest and a water park in one day, then that's two passes. If you visit DisneyQuest (or a water park) in the morning, leave to eat lunch, then go back to DisneyQuest (or the same water park) in the afternoon, then that counts as one pass.

Are the water parks, Disney Quest, and Miniature golf courses considered parks (on our tickets)?

No - the four Disney parks are Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Disney's Hollywood Studios. The water parks, Disney Quest, and Miniature golf courses are extras and you'll have 7 passes to use for them. (You must visit the miniature golf courses before 4:00 pm.)

Does the regular golf course count as a fun pass?

No, the regular golf course is not included on our tickets.

So using one of the fun passes for a water park or Disney Quest or miniature golf doesn't impact the number of park days on our ticket?

No. Using a fun pass will not "take away" one of your park days. They're two different things.

So using our park days on our tickets doesn't impact our fun passes?

No. They're completely separate.

We can go to as many of the four parks as we want each day?

Yes - that's what the "hopper" function does. You can hop between the parks as many times as you want for 7 days. They don't have to be consecutive days.

Can we get fewer (or more) days on our tickets?

In order to streamline (and offer more trips, camps, and events), I’ve had to streamline. The 7-day ticket is the only one that's being offered. Hopefully it will meet the needs of most families.

If the tickets are for 7 days, will I have enough to do for 10 (or more) days?

Yes. Our tickets also include 7 passes to the water parks, DisneyQuest, the miniature golf courses, etc. You could go to Disney for 14 days and have something to do every day. Also, Downtown Disney and the BoardWalk areas offer plenty to do and neither requires a ticket.

We're going a few days earlier (or staying a few days later) than the group. Will our tickets still be valid?

Yes. Disney tickets will be valid from August 30 to September 20. Your students must attend at least one educational program to qualify for the tickets, so save one day on your tickets for that. If you miss the program, Disney can charge you the difference between our tickets and the regular gate price.

Universal tickets will be good from Wednesday, September 3 through Wednesday, September 17. Once you use the ticket, you must use the second day within 7 days or it will expire (even if it's before September 17).

SeaWorld tickets are good only for our group date (Thursday, September 11). 

Where are the Cirque du Soleil seats?

Our group seats are in Category 3. They're not the best, but they're not bad, either. I've never received a complaint on our seats, but use your best judgment before ordering group tickets. (Cirque du Soleil won't give refunds on their tickets under any circumstances.)

Do you have a group hotel discount for us?

Yes. Our group hotel is the Disney Dolphin Resort. See the following link for more info:

http://www.carolinah...travelwdw1.html

For the educational programs, do I go by the grade levels at your website, or at Disney's site?

You'll need to go by the age ranges that I have at my site. When a public school class arranges to participate in Disney's programs, they target the programming for that one specific grade. Since we're homeschoolers, they give us a broader range, but they still need to be able to target the information. We've found that the narrower we can make it, the better the experience for all the students. That said, if your student's grade differs by one level for any class, email me and we'll see if there's some flexibility for that specific class.

Do parents have to pay the $10 fee for the Kingdom Keepers Quest? Do older or younger tag-along siblings have to pay?

No, parents and non-participating siblings are free.

Do you provide transportation for this trip?

No, you must arrange your own transportation for this trip - to Florida and back, as well as between Disney and Universal and/or SeaWorld, if you choose to go to those parks. (If you stay at a Disney resort, they'll provide transportation to their own parks, as well as Downtown Disney and the water parks. They will not provide transportation to Universal or SeaWorld.)

What is the FastPass+ thing I keep hearing about?

Please see the other FAQ thread about this topic to learn more about it.

More FAQs will be added as we go along.

#2 hsmama

hsmama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

these tcikets are great... if I;m reading this right,it's 7 hopper days entry to parks,plus another 7 days to waterparks/disneyquest...if you were to stay in WDW fo 14 days,  you would have something to do!

I have a question I can't find the answer to, how do we pay? where am I missing this? is it through Paypal? or some other method?...thanks

#3 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,585 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

Jenn, you get 7 park days, but for the fun passes, it's passes, not days. Check the first post in this thread (the FAQ post) to get a better explanation. I just updated it. Also, I added an answer to your question about payment methods. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll add them to the FAQ post.

Warmly,

Dianna

#4 hsmama

hsmama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

I have what might be a dumb question..... If attending any of your classes, we need to purchase the park tickets through the group,correct? We can't attend the educational class, while visiting and using a regular park ticket? i.e. if I used a regular ticket to enter the park, we couldn't pay extra,and join your class..... sorry if this is makes no sense...

#5 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,585 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

It's not a dumb question at all, and you make sense, too! :)  To attend the educational programs scheduled for our group, you have to be a part of the group, with a group ticket (the ticket includes the cost of the educational program).

Dianna

#6 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,585 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

Hi everyone - there's been a significant change in who Disney will allow us to count as students (which is important in keeping the student/non-student ratio even). Please read through the FAQs at the beginning of this thread for updated information.

Warmly,

Dianna

#7 BabyCrazy

BabyCrazy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

I was wondering how big of a group usually goes. Are we likely to see and meet anyone we are there with? We are coming from California but always love making new friends.

#8 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,585 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

I was wondering how big of a group usually goes. Are we likely to see and meet anyone we are there with? We are coming from California but always love making new friends.

We usually have around 600-700 or so. Your children will meet others at the educational programs, and if you stay at our group hotel, you'll most likely meet some of us there. We usually have a group day at DisneyQuest, but I'm not sure if we'll be able to this year since we have so much going on. A lot of times, the kids who meet at the educational programs will talk to their parents afterwards to meet up at parks and events.

#9 Patty Hanson

Patty Hanson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

I have a 4th grader and 7th grader.  Can they take one of the Disney classes together???

I see you have grades 3-5 & 6-8, however, Disney page as a wider age/grade span.

Thanks.  Patty

#10 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,585 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

I have a 4th grader and 7th grader.  Can they take one of the Disney classes together???

I see you have grades 3-5 & 6-8, however, Disney page as a wider age/grade span.

Thanks.  Patty

Hi Patty,

Go to the first post in this thread where the FAQs and scroll down to the last few questions/answers. Your question is answered there. :)

Warmly,

Dianna

#11 bless9ings

bless9ings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

Do we have to become members of your group in order to go on the Disney trip with you? 

#12 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,585 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:02 AM

Do we have to become members of your group in order to go on the Disney trip with you? 

Most of my trips, including Disney World, are open to everyone. I hope you can join us this year!

Warmly,
Dianna

#13 txhsmom

txhsmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

Hi Dianna  :)

How are you?

I am sooo thankful to have found out about this trip... we're homeschoolers and live in Texas... am in the budgeting phase and wanted to ask a quick question... do the ticket prices {Disney, Universal, Sea World} include tax or should I add tax to the prices provided?

Thanks much,

Joy

#14 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,585 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:17 PM

Hi Joy! Welcome to our community! :)

All of the prices already include tax, so don't worry about adding that to your total.

Warmly,

Dianna

#15 txhsmom

txhsmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

Yay! Thanks much... The prices are amazing and such a blessing... Thank you for this opportunity... I'll follow registration instructions and start my happy dance :-)

Continued blessings,
Joy

Hi Joy! Welcome to our community! :)

All of the prices already include tax, so don't worry about adding that to your total.

Warmly,
Dianna

• Dianna likes this

#16 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,585 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

You're welcome! Please feel free to use the Stalkers forum to help plan your trip. These stalkers are great at planning and organizing! ;)

Warmly,

Dianna

#17 txhsmom

txhsmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

Will do...
Joy

You're welcome! Please feel free to use the Stalkers forum to help plan your trip. These stalkers are great at planning and organizing! ;)

Warmly,
Dianna

#18 Tuffy4God

Tuffy4God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

I noticed that the website with the Disney trip information said that tickets will be mailed out two weeks before the trip dates. We are leaving home (MN) on Aug. 28. Would the tickets get to us in plenty of time?

Thanks!

#19 Dianna

Dianna

Chocoholic

• Administrators
  • 1,585 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Welcome, Tuffy4God! :)

I usually mail them a lot sooner than two weeks before, but even if I have to mail them that close to our dates, you'll receive them before the 28th. :)

Warmly,

Dianna

#20 Tuffy4God

Tuffy4God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

Welcome, Tuffy4God! :)

I usually mail them a lot sooner than two weeks before, but even if I have to mail them that close to our dates, you'll receive them before the 28th. :)

Warmly,
Dianna

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I have one more question for you. Do I have to bring any proof of homeschooling with me or can I leave that at home?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: faqs, disney, trips