palmettomom2609

Inputting lesson plans

palmettomom2609

Hey!

I was wondering how many of you out there input your lesson plans into some sort of software or calendar and how useful it is. For me, I will be homeschooling just one K student and so I don't feel it's necessary. I started to put into iCal but then realized I would have to keep a hold of my TM anyways to make sure I was doing the lessons correctly and also had planned on going over the next week each week anyways. What are y'alls experiences with either doing this or not.

Thanks!

Dianna

I keep a journal rather than plan lessons in advance. I use an excel file to keep track of activities and attendance. Whatever method you choose, make sure it's as mom-friendly as possible and not time consuming. The less time you spend on paperwork, the more time you can spend on what's important - learning with your children.

For record-keeping suggestions, see: http://www.carolinahomeschooler.com/homeschool-faqs/record-keeping-testing/

I hope this helps!

Warmly,
Dianna

Srbrazzell

I write out an overview of what I hope to accomplish in the week, and then have a flexible schedule with 2-3 days of me helping them with new concepts, and 2-3 days of projects, activities for them to put in to practice what they learned and outdoor things, along with lots of time explore, read, and set times where I help different ones individually if they get stuck on something.  It doesn't always work out, but having an overview helps keep me focused because I feel rather scattered-brained without something staring me in the face.  I'm sure you'll find out what will work for you.  

Rachel