Join us for a tour of Charleston’s salt marches and Capers Island State Heritage Preserve! We’ll learn about tidal creeks, marsh ecology, oyster bed communities, dolphins, barrier island formation, sand dunes, beach erosion, and more.
When: October 17
Where: Isle of Palms, SC
Registration Deadline: We’re at our maximum for this field trip, but are accepting waitlist registrations.
The timing of events will be provided later, but plan for a full morning and afternoon.
During this eco-tour, we’ll learn about marine life and marsh ecology via hands-on experiences and discussions from the onboard naturalist. Then we’ll spend time with our naturalist on the beach at Capers Island State Heritage Preserve. With over 2000 acres, Capers Island is a pristine barrier island preserved it in its natural state – the perfect outdoor classroom!
Cost and Refund Policy
The cost is $28 per person, regardless of age. ($30 debit or credit card)
Payment is refundable only if I have a family on my waiting list to replace you, and a $25 cancellation fee will be deducted from any refunds. No replacements, roster changes, or refunds will be made after August 31. Your signed registration, waiver, and payment acknowledges your understanding and agreement with my cancellation and refund policy.
Before you register, please note…
- Enrollment will be limited due to physical distancing requirements.
- Masks will be mandatory on the boat. Masks will not be mandatory on the island since we’ll be outside, but families must maintain physical distancing at all times.
- Everyone, including infants, toddlers, and preschoolers are counted in our maximum capacity and will be charged the fee. Everyone in your party must be included on your registration.
Want to go?
- To register for this trip, click here.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation with payment information within 3 days, please email me.
- Payment will be due within 7 days of receiving my email confirming your spots.
- I’ll email you when I receive your payment, and send you periodic updates.
- And that’s it! Email me if you have any questions.