Join us for a Carolina Homeschooler Outsider event, where no child is left inside!
We enjoy picnics, hiking, geocaching, educational programs, field studies, games, camping, and making friends at South Carolina’s state and national parks and historic sites.
Who can attend? How much does it cost?
This group is open to Carolina Homeschooler members. There’s no extra cost, other than what the parks charge for entry (if you don’t buy a Park Passport), and camping fees (if we’re having a campout). I cover the cost of renting picnic shelters and reserving any special park programs I arrange for the group.
State parks and historic sites we’ve visited (so far):
- Andrew Jackson State Park
- Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site
- Cheraw State Park
- Chester State Park
- Croft State Park
- Dreher Island State Park
- Goodale State Park
- Huntington Beach State Park
- Kings Mountain State Park
- Lake Greenwood State Park
- Lake Wateree State Park
- Landsford Canal State Park
- Musgrove Mill State Historic Site
- Myrtle Beach State Park
- Oconee State Park
- Rose Hill Plantation Historic Site
- Sesquicentennial State Park
- Table Rock State Park
National parks and historic sites we’ve visited (so far):
- Congaree National Park
- Kings Mountain National Military Park
Want to join us? Here’s how!
- Become a member of Carolina Homeschooler (see our membership area for more information)
- Optional – Get a free Official Guide to South Carolina Parks at a park near you. Take it to all the parks/sites we visit and get them stamped. After you visit all 47 parks and historic sites, you’ll get an Ultimate Outsider t-shirt!
- Optional – Consider buying a Park Passport instead of paying park fees every time you visit. (You only need one to cover your whole family. I get the All Park Passport so it covers every park and many extra programs at the parks. It pays for itself by the end of the year.)
- Members will receive news of upcoming outsider events in member newsletters. If you confirm attendance for an event, you’ll receive updates and reminders for that event.