Join us at Discovery Place to see their new Being Me exhibit and explore comparative anatomy in a dissection lab!
When: April 7
Where: Discovery Place, Charlotte NC
Registration Deadline: Cancelled due to COVID-19.
From real anatomical specimens to virtual reality, we’ll embark on a biological journey through the human body in the new Being Me exhibit. We’ll get to:
- Try out a human-sized hamster wheel that uses digital feedback to show heart rate, speed, and distance traveled.
- Shrink down to the cellular level for a virtual reality tour through body systems.
- See our how our systems work in the Human Mirror, which uses Kinect technology to capture our body’s movements.
- Use the VeinViewer to see how near-infrared light can detect the vessels in your hand.
- Arrange specimens on the Bone Table to see if we can put a skeleton back together.
- Interact with electric pulses sent between axons of neurons in a plasma ball sculpture.
- Take a deconstructed look at the “ingredients” that make up the human body.
After exploring the exhibit, we’ll compare the anatomy and the intricacies of organisms in a dissection lab.
This field trip is appropriate for students in grades 2 and up, and will include a frog dissection. At least one parent or designated adult must participate with their student(s). Younger children won’t be able to join us for the dissection lab – you’ll need an extra adult with your party to watch them while you and your older children do the lab.
Cost, Cancellations, and Refund Policy
The cost is $24 per person (or $25 debit/credit), grades 2 and up. For younger children and the adult(s) not attending the educational program, the price is $9 (or $10 debit/credit). Children under age 2 are free (age verification required).
This price includes the admission, exhibit, the dissection lab for children in grades 2 and up. For younger children and adults not attending the dissection lab, the price includes admission and exhibit.
Parking is an additional $12 per vehicle if you park in Discovery Place’s parking deck (payable to Discovery Place when you exit the garage).
Lunch is not provided, so plan to bring your own food and drinks (we have a reserved space to each lunch), or eat at the museum’s cafe (organic foods), or there are plenty of restaurants within a block of the museum.
The museum does not give refunds for cancellations or no-shows. Your submitted registration form and payment acknowledges your understanding and agreement with my cancellation and no-refund policy for this event.
Want to go?
- Registration is closed.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation with payment information within 3 days, please email me.
- Payment will be due within 7 days of receiving my email.
- I’ll email you when I receive your payment, and send you periodic updates.
- And that’s it! Email me if you have any questions.