Join us for our Tyrannosaurs and Flying Monsters field trip to Discovery Place, where we’ll see the new Tyrannosaurs: Meet the Family exhibit and watch the new Flying Monsters IMAX!
When: August 27
Where: Discovery Place, Charlotte, NC
Registration Deadline: July 10
Membership is required for this event.
The timing of events will be provided later, but plan for a full day to include the exhibit, IMAX, and free time in museum.
Tyrannosaurs: Meet the Family
Using an innovative, multimedia experience, this exhibit features more than 10 life-sized dinosaur specimens, including one of the oldest tyrannosaurs, Guanlong wucaii. With a dramatic array of fossils and casts of tyrannosaur specimens, including never-before-seen specimens from China, we’ll be able to discover how T-Rex became the world’s top predator with their massive skulls, powerful jaws, and bone-crunching teeth.
We’ll also get to:
- Immerse ourselves in a giant multimedia experience with dinosaurs running through the streets of Charlotte.
- Compare our arm strength to that of a mighty T-Rex.
- Dig to unearth and discover dinosaur fossils in a hands-on Dino Pit.
- Find out how recent scientific findings confirm the links between dinosaurs and birds.
- See the enormous scale of geological time in the context of human evolution.
Flying Monsters IMAX
As dinosaurs roamed the earth, pterosaurs ruled the prehistoric skies. Some with wingspans as long as a modern jet plane, these flying reptiles were as spectacular in appearance as they were amazing in flight. The story of how and why these mysterious creatures took to the air is more fantastical than any fiction.
The Flying Monsters IMAX is a groundbreaking film that uses cutting-edge technology and CGI to bring the story of giant flying monsters and their prehistoric world to life and answer one of the greatest mysteries in paleontology. How and why did pterosaurs fly? How did lizards the size of giraffes defy gravity and soar through prehistoric skies?
Cost, Cancellations, and Refund Policy
The cost is $18 per person ($19 debit/credit), ages 2 and up. This includes admission to the museum, entry to the Tyrannosaurs: Meet the Family exhibit, the Flying Monsters IMAX, and tax.
Parking is an additional $12 per vehicle if you park in the museum’s parking deck (payable to Discovery Place when you exit the garage). Children under age 2 are free. (Proof of age will be required.)
Lunch is not provided, so plan to eat at the museum’s cafe (organic foods), bring your own food and drinks (I’ve reserved space in their lunch room), or there are plenty of restaurants within a block of the museum.
The museum does not give refunds for cancellations or no-shows. Your submitted registration form and payment acknowledges your understanding and agreement with my cancellation and no-refund policy for this event.
Want to go?
- To register for this trip, click here.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation with payment information within 3 days, please email me.
- Payment will be due within 7 days of receiving my email.
- I’ll email you when I receive your payment, and send you periodic updates.
- And that’s it! Email me if you have any questions.