Sign in to follow this  
ALLO

Homeschooling with possibility of public or private school at a later date

ALLO

I am planning to homeschool my 5 year old for kindergarten starting in the fall.  This will be our first homeschooling experience.  We’ve decided to take it year by year to determine if it’s a good fit for our family.  If there is a chance that my child will be enrolled in public or private school at a later date is Carolina Homeschooler a good fit for us?  I want to make sure that we will be meeting any requirements for enrollment in a grade appropriate for her age if we choose to go that route sometime in the future.  

Dianna

It depends on the school, and on the classroom. Call the school (or arrange an interview) to see if they'll share their scope and sequence with you so you can make sure you're covering the same skills that students in that particular school is. Content area subjects aren't usually an issue (social studies, science) because content is new each year. Reading, math, and writing are more skill-related (skills build on previously learned skills), that that's where your student may have to catch up (or wait until the rest of the class catches up) if you were to enroll your child in a public (or private) school.

No association would be better than any other regarding this because they don't teach your student. (Not sure if that's what you were asking, so please clarify if you still have questions.)

I hope this helps.

Warmly,

Dianna