Sign in to follow this  
michelles

SC Homeschool Requirements

michelles

Hello! We currently live on the West Coast (we're contemplating a move to SC), and we have complete freedom with our homeschooling here (meaning zero mandatory tests, no required samples, no required attendance, etc). The only thing we have to do in order to legally homeschool here is to sign an annual affidavit stating that we are our own private school entity. That's it!

I'm wondering if this type of homeschooling freedom is even possible in South Carolina? Could anyone please give me an accurate answer about this? I would hate to move forward with a cross-country move while having the wrong expectations and information. Thank you so much!!

Dianna

Hi Michelle,

SC isn't as difficult as it seems if you register with an Option 3 association. You have to keep records, but it's not difficult. Have you had a chance to read through my SC homeschool FAQs?: https://www.carolinahomeschooler.com/homeschool-faqs/

If you decide to register with Carolina Homeschooler, the FAQs on my membership page will describe what's I require: https://www.carolinahomeschooler.com/membership/

Other associations may require more (we're all different), but this will give you an idea of the reality of homeschooling in SC.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Warmly,

Dianna