14 Year Old Son Socialization

MelissaShelton31619

MelissaShelton31619

Hello everyone!

I have an only child 14 year old son, needing a friend.  With the pandemic, I have struggled to keep his socialization in swing this Fall 2020 semester.  We have not participated in any CO-OPs this semester and we are struggling with socialization. We are from the Simpsonville, S.C./Fountain Inn area.  He doesn't have friends and I was looking for someone who is local that is in a similar situation.  I understand we are in rough times with the pandemic, but even if he had a penpal he could write for now (considering the virus) someday he could meet would be great. He is 14, into video games, gardening, and into anything military.  We are open to meeting in person as well.

If anyone wants to touch base and reach out, we would appreciate it!

Thank you!

Melissa

Dianna

Melissa, since you're a member, I recommend that he get involved in my online activities (Field Study Boot Camp, Book Groups, and other things I'll be offering). Students are getting to know each other in the message boards and Zoom room, and the activities give them a common ground to start with. When we do field studies in the parks, families can meet during those (or not... it's up to each family whether they want to meet with others, or physically distance).

Warm regards,

Dianna